- This event has passed.
3D Archery Competition
July 22 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friends of MacKenzie 3-D Archery Competition
Registration begins at 8am
Come enjoy a fun filled day at the MacKenzie Center. Come compete or just enjoy archery related activities. The MacKenzie Center museums and wildlife area will also be open for visitors to explore.
This family-oriented archery event will include 4 divisions of competition; Open, Youth and both Men and Women Bow Hunters. There will also be demonstrations, youth clinics, a food booth, archery displays, and many other archery related activities.
On-site registration and payment for the competition begins at 8am and runs until 1pm. No credit cards! The range will be open from 9am-4pm. Everyone who pre-registered is guaranteed a t-shirt.
Cost for the competition is $10 for Youth, $20 for Men and Women Bow hunters, and $25 dollars for Open.
The event will be free and open to the public.
Competition Rules and Regulations:
- Shoot will consist of a single 20 target course.
- Practice range will close at 3 PM.
- Archers will shoot one arrow per target.
- Participants may only shoot in one class/division.
- Yardages will range from 15-50 yards. Open class will shoot max. of 50 yards, Men’s Bow hunter classes will shoot 40 yards and Women’s Bow hunter class will shoot at 35 yards. All youth classes will be 20 yards max. Yardages are approximate.
- The tournament will be marked yardage.
- Rangefinders are allowed.
- Archers must touch stake with part of clothing or body.
- No compromising of the shooting stake.
- Any protest on range other than scoring, contact range official immediately.
- Each archer will be allowed 2 minutes at the shooting stake.
- No speed limit on bows.
- No alcohol permitted on the range.
In the event of a mechanical breakdown of a shooters bow or release, (not arrows), the group must agree that the item is indeed defective. The shooter will have 30 minutes to repair or replace the defective equipment. If the shooter is unable to do so, the targets already shot will be used for his or her score. If the shooter is able to make repairs, they will be put back in the group if possible. Missed targets will be scored with range officials until finished.
1. Targets will be scored 5-8-10-12 using the lower 12 in all classes. An archer may call the upper 12 but only before drawing his/her bow. Call must be heard by all parties in the shooting group
2. Ties will be decided by total number of “12’s -10’s – 8’s. If the tie cannot be broke, both archers will receive an award if for top 3 places
3. Scoring will be done by your individual groups.
1. Open Class-No Restrictions
2. Women’s class no restrictions
3. Men Bow Hunter – 6” max pin to riser, no glass in sight or peep-including verifiers, (senior hunter verifiers allowed) stabilizer length total of 20”, front bar 14” max, including weight. Max of 20” with sidebars etc. Sidebars will be measured from center of connection point on bow to the longest measureable point, including weights.
4. No arrow restrictions.